Thursday, July 26, 2012

Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad



This is based off of a recipe I found a while ago, but by know I have adjusted it into what I like to think of as my own creation. This is a great summertime salad - sweet, fresh, and delicious.

This is enough to serve about four people as a side

Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad


Four large handfuls of baby spinach
One medium/large orange
8 to 10 good sized strawberries
1/3 C thinly sliced red cabbage (about a fist-sized chunk before slicing)
1/3 C sliced almonds
1/4 C freshly shredded cheese (I use Parmesan)

Dressing:
These measurements are total estimates - I usually just pour in about what look right.

3 Tbs white wine vinegar
3 Tbs orange juice
2 tsp dijon mustard (maybe a Tbs)
~ 1 Tbs olive oil

Combine all of the ingredients in a salad shaker bottle or a shallow bowl. Shake or whisk to combine, then taste and adjust as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment