Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Warm Lentil Salad with Grapes, Feta, and Mint

It was a hot day today and this salad hit the spot. I did use a bit less mint than called for and increased the parsley. I think it had the perfect amount of mint flavor - I don't like it when it get's too powerful. The pistachios  provide a nice salty crunch, and the grapes are a sweet and crisp. Can't go wrong!

Serves 4

Warm Lentil Salad with Grapes, Feta, and Mint

Vegetarian Times

The photo from Vegetarian Times


2 leeks, washed with white and light green parts thinly sliced
2 Tbs. sherry vinegar (I had to substitute red wine vinegar)
2 tsp whole-grain mustard - any nice fancy dijon

2 C cooked lentils
1 1/2 C red grapes, halved lengthwise
1/4 chopped roasted pistachios
3 Tbs chopped fresh mint (I used about 2 tbs!)
3 Tbs chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (I used closer to 4 Tbs)

1/4 C crumbled feta cheese

First, heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the leeks for about 10 minutes, until they are tender and just beginning to brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar and mustard.

Combine this mixture with the grapes, lentils, mint, and parsley. Toss and season with salt and pepper - I didn't do much salt because my pistachios were already salted.

Sprinkle with the feta and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment