Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Green Zebra

Yesterday was my birthday, and lucky for me I got to go to Chicago and have dinner at a vegetarian restaurant! It's called the Green Zebra and I absolutely love it. 

Food comes in small portions, and usually each person orders about three plates for their meal. There is a wide range of cuisines on the menu, but there is an overall Asian vibe to the food and the atmosphere.  I've gone here with multiple meat eaters - some who are open to vegetarianism and some who had never eaten a meatless meal - and everyone has enjoyed their experience. 

The flavor profiles of every dish are so complex and perfected, I have yet to find anything on the menu that doesn't amaze me. I'm excited to try making some of my own dishes inspired by the Green Zebra - I don't think I could recreate "the real deal"  though. I will of course post any success stories from my own kitchen :)

Check out the website here:

And the menu here:

Next time you are in Chicago for the evening, I would strongly recommend you give the Green Zebra a try, whether you are a vegan, vegetarian, or meat-eater!


No comments:

Post a Comment