Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal Cookies

Yesterday, being such a beautiful autumn day in Ann Arbor, Michigan, my sister and I were craving fresh picked apples and the flavors of fall. We decided to take my classic "Healthy Oatmeal Cookies" recipe and  morph it into the perfect fall cookie. Dee-licious.

Use any fresh apple you'd like in these cookies. I personally love Gala apples, and freshly picked Michigan Honey Crisps would also work well. 

Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal Cookies
~One Hundred Percent Made Up

This is an easy recipe to post, because to make these cookies you pretty much just follow the directions for my regular oatmeal cookies (find the recipe here)

Here are the only changes to the recipe:

Add ~ 1 tsp cinnamon to the dry ingredient mixture, or more if you'd like
Replace the 1 C raisins with ~1 C finely diced apples (1 -2 apples)
Add ~3/4 C  chopped pecans or other nut of choice (optional)

I've only made these once, but they came out great. I wasn't in my kitchen, so I didn't have and wheat germ or vanilla extract but I will definitely include both (as the recipe does) next time I make them. Bake time is pretty much the same, but with this version of the recipe be sure to let the cookies cool sufficiently so that they set up well.

Enjoy these with a glass of milk or mug of warm cider :)

No comments:

Post a Comment